Repeat that? No way...

“I ride my bicycle to ride my bicycle."
-- Zen proverb

This is exactly why I do it...really no other reason is needed. All of the so-called training and goal setting is all just a ruse to ride my bike....sure I dig it when people tell me I am looking fit...or are impressed when I say I am racing or just rode 100 miles...but would I still ride my bicycle if nobody noticed or cared...damn straight I would...in fact I was...racing just kind of gives it a sense of purpose and heightened level of excitement...but it is not required...it is this underlying desire just to ride that will make me try to avoid intervals and hill-repeats and all of those repetitive exercises people use when training to race...I think routines like that kind of suck most of the fun out of riding, and I kind of feel prevented me from racing in the first place...I always assumed that you had to do those things to race...but you can race to race...just like riding to ride, or eating to eat...working to work is dumb, that one I will avoid...but to quote DJ "The circuit to me is better than repeats as repeats give no rhythm relative to riding...too monotonous..." so work it all in to the ride...I get it...don't have to repeat that to me a second time.