Team Jordan-Zephyr

BY: "if you want to race, I know a guy who is putting together a race development team.
EW: " wow, that could be fun...you think I could get in?"
BY: "Not sure...give him a call"

EW: " DJ?  Hi, I am EW.  BY told me you are putting together a dev team...any more room"
DJ: " Sure, come on our next team ride this Saturday...and what size are you? I am ordering the team kits"

9am on Jan 23 on the west side of the GWB...just above freezing...a group of about 8 riders, most meeting for the very first time...poker face greetings...DJ tells us what the ride will be for the day...TT up River Road, sprint to the State Line, race pace up Ashburn Road, some other thing up some other road then back to Alpine for another sprint to the State Line...none of this really registers to me...I am starting to realize that I am out of my league so I just nod in agreement...I'm just hoping I can find my way back to 9W once I am dropped from the ride...what happened next was the fastest 31 mile bike ride I was ever on...my heart spent 90% of its time at 90% of its capacity...I sucked wheel for most of the ride...and yes, I was dropped on the Alpine climb and sprint to the state line...but I did not care...I was having a great time...